Friday, October 12, 2007

The First Post

So i finally broke down and started a "blog." I'm still not really for the idea but i know it can get my artwork some extra exposure. I didn't want to start this thing off bleakly, but this is kind of what's going on right now.

For those who don't know, about six weeks ago, 4 drunk assholes showed up on my front porch in the middle of the night while i happened to be out having a cigarette. When i asked them to leave the four of them literally beat my skull into the ground, repeatedly choked me into unconciousness, and repeatedly punched me and stomped with boots on my face, finally leaving me for dead in my own front yard.

A month and massive reconstructive surgery later, i have been unable to get myself to draw or paint anything since until today. My wise friend told me to "paint the pain." It will be a long time before i can paint "pretty" pictures again, but i did this. It's like Picasso mashed with Ralph Steadman or Dave McKean, but this is What's Left right now. Click for a larger version.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Annelise said...

im so sorry for the hurt and the pain, in every sense of those words. im glad you were able to paint again. you are truly talented, and i admire your strength.

and way to join the blogging world! :) http://annelise.briggsfam.com

eniko76 said...

Wow! That is indeed a bleak way to start off a blog. :(

I wish you a speedy recovery, inside and out.

*hugs*

John Lind Whitby said...

Thank you all for the kind words. I wish i had better news. At this point i'm healing well physically. Can't say i'm healing well emotionally or mentally.